Friday, February 10, 2012

Back to writing

Ok, I know that nobody is reading this thing yet but hears to hoping. Perhaps you will do what I do. Find an artist's blog (mine) and read all the posts back to the beginning. If so, you will now be reading this. Greetings. Lately, I have gone back to my old way of working using just lines without the brush. I have had so much fun doing it and by combining digital with it, I can do all sorts of fun things to it. I Just finished a cool drawing of 3 totem people (you will see soon) on a skateboard. I drew them in my giant Moleskine watercolor book and will scan the original for digital color and archiving but I can also then do a watercolor painting in the book for display at a later date. Working this way suits me. I have a lot of flexibility with the output and no restrictions about how I make images. I wonder how many other artists struggle with this kind of stuff and what they do to overcome these mental blocks. My friend Rick Nickel has never struggled with it and I have always, truth be told, been a little jealous. I tahnk him greatly for his insight and friendship over the years. BTW, go check out his ceramic and digital work. It is awesome.

No comments: